Friday, December 12, 2008

Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome

So this is an idea I've been kicking around in my head for a while, as someone who travels a lot, who is broke a lot, and who loves good food and good drink from foie gras and top shelf cocktails at La Belle Vie in Minneapolis to dollar burgers and tiny glasses of Old Style at Paul's Tavern in Dubuque, IA. It all appeals to me.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Bryce. I grew up in North Dakota, have spent the majority of the last five years in Minneapolis (with the exception of a year in the cafes of Paris). I have been on the road for the better part of 2008 thanks to a pair of restless bootheels and, occasionally, a guitar. As of this post I am in Austin, Texas enjoying myself for another week or so before I hit the road again.

I'll be back to recount some of my midwestern adventures (and maybe some West Coast jazz too!) later, as for now I am on my way to a bonfire because the moon is closer to the Earth than it has been in 15 years! Wow!

Music:
Yann Tiersen & Shannon Wright - s/t

No comments:

Post a Comment